Monday, February 16, 2015

We Believe in Miracles

First thing I want everyone to know is the calmness and peace I feel ever since hearing those words..."You have Breast Cancer." Everything is happening at such a fast pace I just remind myself to breathe. There is great peace that comes with the knowledge of the Plan of Salvation. I'm not afraid of what's to come. I'm really not. If you've talked to me you've probably noticed how calm I am. How can she be like this with such news? I believe it's the first miracle that's happened so far. The miracle of Peace.

I feel so sorry for my family, all my family, extended included because I realize and know that this doesn't just affect me and my family, it affects a community and will take all of us to get through this. I'm thankful for the knowledge of our life before we came to this earth. I chose to be here. To gain a body and experience all that comes with that. Good and bad because we can't enjoy the good if we haven't experienced the bad. I can be with my family forever. What greater promise is there.

I am not eloquent with words nor do I claim to be a good writer. I'm keeping this blog in an attempt to help keep people aware of what is going on when they want to know it. In my week of thought between scans, before all the news was revealed, I had thought about if something like this happened, how to best let everyone know my circumstances and still feel in control of the situation.

Last time, I'm not sure blogging even existed yet but even if it did I wasn't allowed to touch anything because of how radioactive I was. This time will be different. I will update this blog as new things arise or as thoughts come so don't expect a daily update. I'm not making this a doom and gloom blog either. This is a blessing to our family. My kids will get to witness miracles that others only hear or read about.

Then why did you title your blog, "See Ya On the Other Side?" I'm not referring to death but much the opposite. When Shad and I enter the temple, everytime we split to go into our seperate dressing rooms he says, "I'll see ya on the other side," referring to the Celestial Room. If he doesn't, I quickly remind him that he forgot, he says it and we split to get dressed. He's done this for as long as I can remember. I think that's the perfect title for this blog because I'm using it to describe the other side of this sickness. When all is well, I'll See Ya On the Other Side, when this is all done.

I informed all of my family, meaning siblings and parents on Saturday, to and from Calebs basketball game. In which they won by the way, so we get to keep going to games next week. That gives me something to look forward to so I'm thankful for that. Caleb just swung up from JV for the playoffs. I realize he will probably never play but I still want to be there for him even when he's on the bench. He's quite handsome and is getting his Eagle award for Boy Scouts this week. Hence the reason none of you are reading about this until now. I did not want to take away from him on his night and I knew if people found out before then, the talk would be about me and not him that night. He's worked hard for this and my deal is going to be around for a while.

I received two blessing yesterday, Sunday, February 15th. One from my father and one from Brother Clyde. In all of this, I realize, I'm not only a wife and mother but I'm someone's daughter as well. Dad and mom are worried but like me are at peace after my blessings. Great promises were made and nothing makes me feel better, then to hear my Heavenly Father loves me and is pleased with me.

Today we are rushing to take family pictures. I do not know what this week will bring. But seeing how everything has happened so fast, thought family pictures today would be appropriate.

I love my Savior and Heavenly Father. We've asked the family to pray for three things: the Miracle of Peace, Miracle of Health or Healing, and the Miracle of Strength. We believe in miracles at our house. We've seen them before and we'll see them again. But I also know we need to ask, so if you would like to join us in your family prayers and pray for these things I would be forever grateful! Love you All!


3 comments:

  1. Rebecca, first of all, sorry to hear the news. We want you to know that we will be praying for you and your family. May you be comforted at this time.
    The Wallwork's

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm at a loss for words Rebecca. Know we love you and your beautiful family and are praying for you all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love and prayers... I want to help however I can. Keep that in mind when you need something in town or whatever. Just text me and I will get it done for you. I am serious about this, so you'd better do it, or I will be bothering you.... And I know how to bother someone.... Let me tell YOU!
    Hugs,
    Lanette

    ReplyDelete