Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Biopsies Done

Today after I got the kids on the bus Denise from Kadlec Imaging called. She was one of the nurses from my first biopsy. She was letting me know that they had a cancellation and she saw that I had an order in for two biopsies and wondered if I could come in immediately and get that done. I reminded her that I lived 40 minutes away and I hadn't showered yet. She told me not to worry, get dressed and hurry in and she would squeeze me in whenever I got there. I called Shad who was just getting ready to get on a tractor and harrow (not sure if I spelled that right) our hay. He came home and we ran in. Needless to say my fears for this biopsy rang true. Similar procedure but it was done on my lymph nodes under each arm. It was a different radiologist and ultrasound tech in with me this time and I didn't have the same experience as my first time. I think they nicked a nerve on my left side and my left arm and side are really sore so I'm laying down the rest of today.

Tomorrow I will have my mediport inserted at 9am. I think Heavenly Father definitely has a sense of humor. I think I'm allowed to say this now as I have breast cancer, but for the last 12 years I have hated breast cancer. Only because there seems to be so much focus on breast cancer that the other cancers seems to fall to the wayside. Do you realize how much pink dye gets used in the month of October alone? Breast Cancer gets a whole month dedicated to its cause. Not to mention, I hate the color pink; always have. So Heavenly Father must have a sense of humor, as I not only have to fight this new breast cancer, but he gave me the pink cancer...and two of them.

I have learned today to be ready at any time for answered prayers. I need all of these scans done quickly so I can start chemo sooner, so I'm sure that cancellation and the nurse that noticed my order was an answer to our prayers. Thank heavens for answered prayers and the people providing them.

No comments:

Post a Comment