Today the doctor called me at lunch while I was in town picking up things for the Eagle Court tonight and let me know that things have changed. He got more pathology reports today that included my receptor studies. According to what he learned from the pathologist, my right breast has a triple negative tumor, meaning I'm negative for estrogen, negative for progesterone and negative for HER-2/neu. What does that mean?
I have two different cancers, one in each breast. The one on my right is very aggressive and must be treated immediately, so the game plan is reversed from what you read earlier today. I need to get into chemo immediately, to try and kill the cancer that could be spreading throughout my body before we do surgery. Chemo saves lives because it attacks the cancer and kills it throughout your body. Surgery just removes the tissue that's already been infected. Only 15% of breast cancers are the kind I have in my right breast. Percentages never seem to work in my favor.
We will keep the surgical date for February 26th but will only be putting in a mediport that day for chemo. I have my appointment on the 24th witht the oncologist and until then I wait. Today was the first frustrating day.
You and your family are in our prayers. Thanks for allowing us to follow your journey. You are an incredibly strong woman, you got this!!
ReplyDeleteThe weight of my concerns for you is heavy in my heart. You have walked this tenuous tightrope before, and you know of the struggles as well as the dangers. You also have come to know the incredible reality of the tender love of our Savior Jesus Christ and the lifeline He freely offers out to you now. Hang on to that with all your might right now and we will pray for you that your strength will be sufficient enough. You CAN do this!!. We love you Rebecca...so very very much❤️
ReplyDeleteThere are such tender thoughts for all of you. I know your family and friends feel like we are all in this together. Put us on speed dial. We love you.
ReplyDeleteThank you Rebecca for sharing. I do know the Lord is very much aware of you and your family at this time. Trials never are easy but with your strong testimony in The Great Plan of Salvation that the Lord has for all of his children you will gain much peace throughout this ordeal. Always remember Grandma Bonnie(grandma far far away) loves you so very very much.
ReplyDeleteHmmm.... Well, we will just pray faster then!!! Oh, wait .... That may not be necessary.... ;)! I am so grateful that intensity of prayers, not faster prayers is what fills our hearts with the peace and strength to endure. Love you and your example of faith that you have shown me through the years. One of my favorites is the Girls Camp 4th year hike. What an awesome memories I have of you from that. An amazing hike with you girls that I will never forget....
ReplyDeleteHugs and love,
Lanette
You have zillions of tender thoughts, loving support, and prayers upon prayers for your speedy recovery coming your way from our house to yours! We love you and know you are one incredible girl, whose faith and strength is a beacon of light to all who know you. Love to you from the two of us and from the cousins as well. We love you, Shad and each of the six beautiful children that you have raised to the light. They are amazing and beautiful. Like their mama. Love you Rebecca!
ReplyDelete