Monday, March 9, 2015

Prayer of Thanks

Today after the surgery was done, I was waiting in the consultation room to speak to the surgeon. He walked in and told me everything had gone as planned and Shad should be ready to go soon. He asked me what day I was to start chemo and if I had any more questions. I told him that all my scans had been completed last week but I hadn't heard back on anything yet. He told me he'd take a look at them and let me know.

As we were driving home he called my phone and let me know the news. He apologized for making me wait a little but he had another surgery he needed to complete. He took a glance at my scans and called me back before his next surgery. Results...right breast has more tumors smaller in size and left breast has one more tumor right next to the one that's already there. There was a specific name he called it but I can't remember what that is now and I was driving so I couldn't write it down. But that's all they saw, meaning... NO CANCER anywhere else in my body! So in other words, we go along with the same game plan we already had. The new tumors don't change anything because they're located in an area we were already getting rid of. Chemo should kill any cells that have traveled other places in my body.

Year's Game Plan

1. Chemo starts this Thursday and Friday. It will continue every two weeks for four months.

2. Take a month off after chemo to recoup for double mastectomy, I'm guessing middle of August.

3. Recoup from that is 4-6 weeks, then start Radiation. Radiation will be Monday thru Friday for
    six-and-a-half weeks.

4. Remove ovaries or full hysterectomy.

5. I've decided not to do reconstruction until after my body recovers from everything above, probably     the following summer or fall.

I've talked about the importance of praying and asking but I also think it's important to thank Heavenly Father. I would ask if tonight, in your prayers as a family, individually or at dinner if you'd thank Heavenly Father for allowing the cancer to be contained. The fact that it's in my lymph nodes and hasn't spread yet to any major organs is a huge relief and miracle to our family. I hope many prayers of thanks go out tonight to a loving Heavenly Father that gives us what we need and sometimes, if it's his will, what we want as well.

8 comments:

  1. "You were given this life because you were strong enough to live it". We are given just enough...and no more. I have found strength beyond the capacity I thought possible in some uncommon darkest of hours. My sweetest of all discoveries during those times was the outpouring and sustaining influence of Our Savior's tender mercy carrying me through it. You will not be left alone in this! Rebecca, I am thankful too❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Jennifer's comments! Our family has gone through trials where we felt so blessed and thankful to live in such a supportive and loving community that lifted us in prayer and supported us every step of the way. I pray that you feel that same love and support.
    Praise God for your scan results! Keep praising Him in the rain and He will shower you with blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is great news!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Knowledge is power. I'm so thankful we live in a computer age that we can study our options and make wise choices.. I am so thankful the tests were good ..in that the cancer has not spread.. We are all behind you ! We are all praying for you !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes! Been praying for you!! Hugs hugs hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We are so grateful! Everyday, for you and your family, each one a blessing. I find your youngest on my mind a lot these days. I Miss her in Primary, since I got a new class. I love those kids, they are all our kids! I will express gratitude everyday for the blessings you are receiving,
    Hugs and love from each of my kids! Anna, Reid and Joslyn all wanted me to tell you they love you!
    Lanette

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great news Becky! Thinking about you a lot. Lots of love coming from Nevada!

    ReplyDelete