Thursday, March 12, 2015

1st Day of Chemo

Chemo Schedule Today
9:30 Blood Draw
10:30 Chemo Oncologist Follow Up (Eric Gamboa)
11:00 Infusion

I think the pictures are pretty self explanatory. Today so far has been pretty good. Aside from a pretty good headache (which could totally be normal), I'm feeling pretty good; just tired (and that's probably normal as well.) I am dealing with some nausea now later tonight. Figured I'd take some pictures today while I still have hair. They said most people start losing it by two weeks. The first chemo they gave me was red, my favorite color! That was a good start to this process.


















The picture on the right is significant to me because it shows two cancer battle wounds in one picture. My thyroid scar from 12 years ago and my current mediport. The IV into my mediport was painless, thank heavens! I was just a little worried about it.



















I've had several friends and family members give me fun quilts and blankets. I took a couple of them today not knowing what to expect. I've been told you can get cold during your treatment. One was thicker and warmer and the other lighter. I wasn't cold today so switched to the lighter quilt. My nurse can't wait to see the other blankets I bring.



















One of my friends gave me Nike Breast Cancer Elite socks. We'll see if any of my kids try to steal these. The picture on the right shows my chemo scheduler. Wanted to get up and move a little.


This is Shad and I leaving after I was done. Which one do you think is the patient? LOL 
Great support even when I know he's not feeling well himself.

Tomorrow I just have an injection at 1:45, so it will be a fast trip. Keeping it short tonight, nausea is getting stronger. Love you all for your faith and support. Try to post more tomorrow.

4 comments:

  1. Your so cute! Smiling through it all! Your amazing !! Love you girly ��

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look GREAT girl!!!
    Did you get info about the place in Seattle that makes a wig out of your own hair??? I can get more info if you want. Hugs n prayers that you feel well soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You constantly amaze me. It's great to see a smile on your face. You are a wonderful example of a strong faithful women!

    ReplyDelete