Monday, March 2, 2015

Scan Schedule this Week

Life has been pretty sore since my biopsies and mediport insert last week. I get a burning/tearing sensation on my sides when I move into certain positions or try to roll in bed. Needless to say, sleep hasn't been part of my vocabulary this weekend. Today I decided, I could either be sore laying down or sore working around my house; so I decided to move while I still can. I made it through church on Sunday so today I could work on the wash. It just feels better to work.

This weeks schedule is full of scans:

Monday- MUGA Scan: injected dye scan that monitors the strength of my heart muscles left ventricle. They need this to compare to another MUGA scan four months from now after chemo. Some of my chemo medications can weaken this part of my heart so they need to monitor it.

Wednesday- Meet with Dr. Mendell, radiation doctor.

Thursday- MRI of chest, worried about this because they're going to make me lay on my stomach. My mediport is still very sore so can't imagine this will feel comfortable.

Friday- PET Scan, another dye injected scan. Used to see if cancer has spread anywhere else in my body.

Today was a bit daunting for me. I read the packets of information the doctors gave me on all my recommended chemos. Honestly, by the time I was done I thought, "who would do this to themselves?" There's not one positive thing listed on 50 pages that I just read. The side effects are not only scary but life threatening and even warn of getting different cancers years later. I'll be feeling my body with poison and killing my immune system. And this is a good thing? Chemo may not kill me, but the common cold might when I have no immune system to fight it off.

I read very little on some other therapies such as IV Ozone therapy, IV Vitamin C therapy, RGCC Oncostat Plus Test and medical cannabis. I don't know anything about any of these, but might do some more reading before going back to the doctor and ask many more questions. I'm not going crazy, just thinking about all my options. I've learned from past experience, that no one is going to care more about my body than I do and I plan on being around a while longer. Needless to say, today was a little emotional for me but my kids high school band and choir concert was a much better ending to my day. Thank you Mr. Kitson and Mrs. McGary! Just wish you had a few more songs.

1 comment: