Saturday, March 14, 2015

Happy Pi Day!

Apparently, today is a special day. Not only because it's my birthday but because today is an event that happens only once every 100 years. Pi Day is a celebration of the mathematical term term (pi). (3.141592653...) My kids High School is celebrating this event with a party tonight and I think something is supposed to happen when the time reaches 9:26:53. I've personally never liked pie, as a food or in math, so pie was not on my birthday menu today.

I just wanted to thank everyone for the many wonderful birthday wishes I received today! Several of you stopped by and I was sleeping. Sorry for that. I was hoping to squeak by without any side effects on this first dose of chemo, but no such luck. Since my last posting I have experienced much nausea, headaches, and neck pain. The neck pain I believe is from the white blood cell injection I received on Friday. The nurse warned me that it tends to rest in the bones somewhere in the vertebrae or sternum. She said I should feel like I have the flu for about 3 days. They gave me meds for the nausea, but it comes in waves.

In our Visiting Teaching message this month, I just read, "Patience means accepting that which cannot be changed and facing it with courage, grace and faith. It means staying with something...even when the desires of our hearts are delayed. Patience is not simply enduring; it is enduring well!"-President Dieter F. Uchtdorf.  I hope and pray to have the Patience to endure this well.



4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am praying for you to be able to have the patience you need to get through this. I am crying thinking about the amount of patience required when I went through my last "ordeal", it took all I had, thank Heaven literally, for the passage of time, for the knowledge of the Lord's love for each of us individually, that he fights for our lives when our strength feels long gone, and that he replaces fear with the healing balm of His infinite love. So grateful for such an anchor to my soul. To be buffeted by the wind and tossed with a sure knowledge that even though I could not see or feel Him, He had not moved, and He was there. Holding tight to my little boat in the ocean!!! Love and hugs and prayer offered for your sweet family!
    Lanette

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have been gone for two weeks and just logged on to your blog Hope Shad is doing well from his surgery (??) and we pray for you and think of you both. So glad you are strong people, willing to support each other, and accept the support and care of others. I would love to help you out some way - please ask me and I will try to come up with ideas on my own. Was thinking about all you girls when you were beehives. Life deals its blows and we deal (you deal). Just want you to know I love you and worry, and yet I have faith you will conquer - you are beautiful inside and out.

    ReplyDelete