Saturday, March 28, 2015

Baby It's Cold Outside

WARNING!! This post may be hard for some to see but know that I'm doing well.

Since my last post, I've had my second round of chemo and my injection. I'm actually doing much better this time than last time. Have only had a little nausea so far and small headaches. I started taking medicine as soon as symptoms started this time and have noticed a big difference. Why didn't I do that last time? Because I was told not to start taking any meds until the next day because I was given similar meds in my IVs before chemo. But symptoms started the night of chemo, so I went all night with symptoms before getting any meds, making it hard to catch up. Appetite has been pretty good as well. The big difference this time is my hair.  

So last post I showed you how my hair had started to thin and I cut it shorter to help manage the hair loss that was happening. Well, each day has progressively gotten much worse. How do you know when it's time to shave it? My advice, do it before it starts coming out in patches. I guess there's always the hope that it'll just thin and you might be one of the one's that doesn't loose their hair. My nurse did warn me that there are many reasons they call my chemo the "Red Devil." I get a little nauseous even typing about it. 

Long story short, each morning when I've done my hair it's been a little emotional. Yesterday was the hardest because it started to come out in patches. I knew it was time. So...last night I let each of my kids take a turn shaving my head. The little boys joined in on the fun and even Kiersten wanted to shave her head. But seeing how it's taken us almost 8 years to get her hair the length it is now, I told her no. 

We took several pictures but I will only share a couple here. Honestly, for me, it was easier to shave it off then it was seeing it come out it clumps. I officially look like a Cancer patient now!

Started with Rachael just cutting it shorter before the shave.

I'm just showing a back picture because the front is really patching from the hair that fell out, and for me personally it's harder to look at. So that's why your getting a back shot.

It's officially all gone.

This is me being Brave!

I will say this, bald is cold but a hair dryer still does wonders. :)







14 comments:

  1. Beck! You look GREAT!! I love your little supporters as well with their shaved heads! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is what proves you are really beautiful. (This is how pretty you were at birth!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are going to have to bring you in a back door at that cancer center. You are going to make the other patients feel bad, you look that good! Only Rebecca would be hiding a gorgeous tan under two inches of hair.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seriously you have the perfect shaped head!!!!:) what good boys to support! You have such a awesome family!! Way to go Bec! Your so tough! Love you!:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Solidarity, I love this❤️ What a sweet family you have...I truly love their gesture of love to their Mama! Beck, you're gorgeous. Fyi...I've always been jealous of your tan😍

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hair is over rated. You look great! Steve

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the home you've made, the family you've raised that rallies around you in hard times. I love how you take control of life when it's probably feeling out of control. Your pictures say it all, and they are beautiful! You guys are awesome!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well u have a perfect head! You look great buzzed! So proud of you and how precious your family is! Hugs n prayers all the time from me! Love ya !!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You looking better than I would bald. I'm pretty sure the back of my head is flat. You're lucky and beautiful! By the way, Sawyer prayed the other night "please bless cousin Becky that she'll have a good time." He's 5. If The Lord hears the prayers of a 5 yr old then you should be having a good time by now!

    ReplyDelete