Thursday, March 19, 2015

Angels Among Us

I'm not sure I can get through this post today. My emotions of love and gratitude for family, friends and people in this community are overflowing. There is no place I'd rather be going through something like this then here. So many words of love and encouragement expressed through texts and letters, dinner for my family, flowers, gifts to help me get through chemo. How do you ever repay people back for such things? Obviously, I can't; except to give back to others when I can. The service being rendered in behalf of my family is not going unappreciated or forgotten. As I was laying down the other day, the words of this song came into my head:

Oh, I believe there are Angels among us,
Sent down to us from somewhere up above.
They come to you and me in our darkest hours
To show us how to live
To teach us how to give
To guide us with a light of love.

This is all of you to me. Angels in our time of need. As I write this, tears stream down my face. Know that I love you and am forever grateful for your service to my family.

Gotta love Winnie the Pooh!

Quick update, I'm feeling much better the last couple of days. Haven't been nauseous or had bad headaches since Monday. Just a little more tired then normal. Meet with doctor tomorrow for lab work and see how my body is reacting to the first round of chemo. I will give more details of that later. 


2 comments:

  1. I love that song too! You know how good you feel after blessing a friend or loved one with a gift, or quality time, acts of service...???
    Well I'm 110% sure each person who is blessing you IS being and feeling blessed too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are brave, strong, smart and oh so loved!!!!

    ReplyDelete