Meet my new friend and constant companion.
I've always kept this friend close by just in case I needed him and today I needed him twice before chemo treatment even started. Oh dear!! Not because of nausea but the smells associated with it. So thats the negative side but like anything in life where there's a negative there's also a positive. I did feel so much better when I was done! Until it started again a couple minutes later. :) As your taste buds start to go south because of the metal taste in your mouth your sense of smell tends to take over and become much stronger. So smells can instantly set off my nausea.
So... overall, today has been my hardest chemo treatment, but I'm halfway done and start a new chemo next time. I'm supposed to feel less nausea with that one but there are some interesting side effects with it. Basically, my nurse told me that there will be three nurses watching me for the first 15 minutes of the drug and if I make it past 15 minutes without incident I'm good. Hmmm...that sounds promising.
I did notice a cute cancer patient walk in behind me today with a grass green jacket on that was so cute! I told her how I loved her jacket and she said thankyou but you can't have it. I told her I did notice we have the same hair stylist though and we all laughed. I will need some of that laughter this next week. So here's some funnies for today and strength and courage for the coming week.




I love reading your posts - my way to keep in touch. I admire your strength and courage! We hope you find peace in knowing so many are pulling for you. Do what it takes to stay courageous. Love you. Verdene
ReplyDeleteThank you for your strength, it builds me. As to the cartoons, I have a couple of grand kids that I could easily see in the predicament. It made me laugh. Thanks
ReplyDelete