It hurts everywhere and for a longer period this time. The combination of chemo and injection is really hard on my bones. I have shooting pain in my bones everywhere, even my head; but not constantly thankfully. When it's not shooting pain it feels likes fireworks inside my bones. Firework pain is better then shooting pain. And pain for me is better then nausea, so it sounds worse, but it is probably better then the last chemo. This went from Saturday and continued on and off until Wednesday on a regular basis. Now I just get little twinges throughout the day. Muscle aches, headaches, night sweats, hot flashes, the list goes on...are just part of the norm now. I did find out I'm anemic and my liver is having a hard time but not bad enough for an infusion, so I'm thankful for that.
The best news of the day...I was cleared to attend my kids events this weekend. My white blood count is high (ironic, considering I feel the best when my white blood count is low). So I got to attend Cameron's last baseball game last night and the kids Sub-District tract meet tonight. I'm so excited!! Worried for Makenna. She's been battling a fever, sore throat, body aches and shin splints the last 36 hours. I just told her to do her best and run fast. Block the pain for one lap. I realize that's easier said then done but I reminded her that Rachael ran her State Cross Country 5K having got the stomach flu just hours before her race started, so I know she can do it!
I've been able to a little cooking and laundry over this past week. Thankful for these opportunities that sometimes seem mundane in our every day happenings as a mother, but so grateful to do them now. I love being a mother and the responsibility that comes with that title. I could go on and on about this, but this sums up my thoughts right now:

That's great news, Rebecca! I am sure your kids were thrilled to have you there too!
ReplyDeleteYou are such an encouragement to me!!! How you can be so positive in the midst of such hard times ! Your amazing!! I look forward to reading your updates ! Hugs mamma! You got this !
ReplyDeleteYou are awesome - watching your children take on lots of responsibility has been a highlight for me. I appreciate your strong example.
ReplyDeleteHope you are doing alright Becky. Thinking of you - stay strong!
ReplyDelete