Todays surgery check-in time is 12:15. I was told to plan on 8 hours from the time they wheel me away to when I wake up. I'm guessing it'll be shorter then that.
People ask how I'm doing and I say good, because I really am. I don't sit and dwell on what's happening because if I do I can get sad really fast. I figure there's no point in sadness before surgery; let's save that for after because I'm sure I'm going to have a hard time tonight. Because of that, I'm asking for NO Visitors tonight. I'd like it to just be Shad and I.
I'm asking with humble heart for your prayers in my behalf this week. Strength to endure and healing will be in my prayers as well as all who will care for me and my family. I think I'm most worried about the mobility of my arms. How quickly that will come back. I already have problems with the numbness and tingling now, what will the surgery add to that?
In my mind I was thinking I'd be down for a week and come back strong but after some studying and reading, I realize it may be much longer then that. I will be a fighter in this, so we'll see how long it takes.
It's going to take many people to help my family get through this. To all of you reading this, praying for us and helping us in so many ways, please know how much I Love You! I could not do this today without all of you. My heart is very full going into surgery.
I will not be able to type on this for a while. I will try to teach Shad today how to put updates on here so it won't be weeks without you knowing what's going on. See Ya On the Other Side of Surgery!! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment