I’ve had a very busy week. It’s been good but very
exhausting. Each day has pretty much been a “normal mom” day this week and
today I’m feeling the effects of all my efforts. So, aside from making our
Father’s day meal, which most of it I prepared yesterday, I’m laying low. I did
try to surprise my dad and husband by attending Sacrament meeting today though.
J
As I lay here on my bed, I started to think about tomorrow
and what it means, “Last chemo treatment.” People say, “aren’t you excited for
your last treatment?” Excited probably isn’t the word I’d use. There are lots
of emotions and thoughts that come with that question. It’s the end to one
chapter of this year, a long one, but there’s so much still to come. As I sit
here, I’ve gone back and read some of my first blog postings. I made myself
cry, for so many reasons! I can’t believe it’s been 5 months since this roller
coaster started. I feel… not sure how to put into words. I just breathe and am
grateful. I’m sure my post tomorrow will be an emotional one.
Rachael told me the other day she thought she found a 5k
race in the Tri-Cities in August that she thinks the kids should run in. She
wants three of them to wear blue shirts that say, ”Cancer, didn’t you learn the
first time…” and three of them to wear pink shirts that say, “you’ve messed
with the wrong mom!” That put a smile on my face.
So good to see you the last couple of days. Your kids are on the right track!
ReplyDeleteAwe what a sweetie girl you have...
ReplyDeleteThat Rachael sure is a keeper!! Love her!
ReplyDeleteYahoo for the last chemo!!
It was so very good to see you this week! It was a total lift for all my days❤️ There's an evolution that takes place in so many ways when and body and soul goes through such changes, a renewal..a rebirth. You can't help but look at life with new eyes...an appreciation and deep respect for life. It's all a good thing, this change. I see it in your eyes...an understanding and a peace. You lift in so many ways...and it's not the physical kind...but spirit to spirit. The Savior is with you in this journey as you courageously fight this "Goliath"...and you will win... you already have! Love you❤️
ReplyDelete